Dan Bell, Urban Land Institute Hampton Roads, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-373-6517.
Hampton Roads in 2040: The next 3RC event will focus on a discussion of goals and outcomes. How do we envision Hampton Roads on a few decades, let's say in 2040? The date and venue for this event has not yet been set.
- ULI Virginia (Hampton Roads) Resilient Region Reality Check: Rising Above the Waters: The Urban Land Institute in Hampton Roads organized the 3rd event in the sequence of “Resilient Region Reality Checks” on September 16, 2015, from 9:30 AM to 3:00 PM in the Mariners' Museum at 100 Museum Drive, Newport News, VA 23601. See the flyer and the agenda. For more information see here.
For the presentation by Dr. Paul Smith, Arup, U.K., see the abstract and a brief biography. For information on Dilip da Cunha, see his web page at the Landscape Architecture section of the School of Design at the University of Pennsylvania.
The following presentations are available here:
- Burrel Sanders: Building Coastal Places — Coastal and Land Use Strategies (pdf)
- Hans-Peter Plag: Planning with Foresight (keynotes, pptx)
- Paul Smith: Gaining a Better Understanding of How to Cope with Extreme Low Probability and High Impact Shock Events — And What About Sea Level Rise? (pdf)
- Dilip da Cunha: Structures of Coastal Resilience (pdf)
- Henry R "Speaker" Pollard, V: Legal Authority and Sea Level Rise (ppt)
- Question (keynotes, pptx)
- Summary of Discussion Outcomes (pptx)
- Follow-up to 3RC: A follow-up event on the recent “Resilient Region Reality Check” on March 17, 2015 at ODU took place on June 9, 2015 in the Slover Library, 235 E Plume St, Norfolk, VA 23510. The available reports include:
- ULI Advisory Services Panel, 2014. Norfolk Virginia: Resilience in Fort Norfolk: Assessing Risk and Protecting Value, Technical Report, Urban Land Institute.
- Yusuf, J-E, Covi, M., St. John, B., 2015. Hampton Roads Resilient Region Reality Check. Presentation.
- Yusuf, J-E, Covi, M., St. John, B., 2015. Hampton Roads Resilient Region Reality Check - Increasing community resilience and capacity to adapt to changes. Final Report, Urban Land Institute
- ULI, 2014. An Advisory Service Panel for Norfolk, Va. Urban Land Institute.
- Resilient Region Reality Check: March 17, 2015. Old Dominion University and the Urban Land Institute (ULI Hampton Roads) in cooperation with a number of organizations in the region are jointly organized a Resilient Region Reality Check focusing on perceptions of climate change and sea level rise in Hampton Roads. Read the article in the Mace and Crown ...
- Uncertainty and Sea Level Rise — Impact on Land Use in Hampton Roads: Future of Hampton Roads, Inc. and the Urban Land Institute organized jointly with MARI a presentation and panel focusing on sea level rise and the urban coasts. The event took place on June 25, 2014, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM. See here for details ...